Preventative Maintenance/Service - FAQs
Preventative Maintenance/Service FAQs
Why implement a Preventative Maintenance Program with Climaterite?
- Regular scheduled servicing of your Air Conditioning
- No Lock-in Contracts
- Provision of a report after each service
- Automatic Courtesy call when your maintenance falls due
- Continuity of service work
What are the Benefits of Preventative Maintenance Program?
- Keeping your system running at optimum efficiency levels
- Extended life of your system
- Lower running costs.
What does a Preventative Maintenance Program include?
For each Air conditioning system our Technician will:
- Clean/Inspect all return air filters
- Check of refrigerant levels
- Check of operating pressures
- Check and tighten of refrigerant piping connections
- Check and tighten of electrical connections
- Check of airflows (including associated fans)
- Check of temperatures
- Ensure that all moving parts associated with your equipment are in working order.
How often should I have my system serviced?
This will depend on the use and type of system. In a Residential setting you may only require a pre-summer check. In a Commercial situation you may also have Lease conditions that need to be met. In any situation, Climaterite will be able provide a quote recommendation to suit your requirements.
Do I receive a report on what was done on the service?
Yes. Our Technicians will complete an automated report on their iphone. This report will advise the date of attendance, the Technician’s name and a written account on what they attended too during the visit. This report will be emailed to you, following the attendance, for your information/records.
What are the most common reasons for AC breakdowns?
In our experience, there are many examples of how an AC can malfunction:
- System has lost refrigerant
- Filters are blocked because they have not been regularly cleaned
- Vermin may have damaged the wires or boards within the outdoor unit
- Power issues may have caused damage to the unit’s electronics
- Drain may be blocked with debris
- System may have been neglected with no servicing
- System may be at the end of its life
Can preventative maintenance extend life of an air conditioning system?
Servicing your air conditioning system will ensure you keep it running at optimum efficiency levels throughout its useful life. Preventative maintenance should be performed by a professional to avoid incorrect procedures causing damage to the system or compromising its performance.